Day 1482

Sunday, February 5, 2017

I was up at 6 to continue cleaning and prepare for the Super Bowl with my regulars, the Youngs, Alice, Rossana.  A small crowd this year, which seemed fitting considering the state of our world.  Of the two teams, I was all in for Atlanta.  Do the Patriots really need another Super Bowl victory?  No.  They do not.  Unless you're a fan, the Pats were the evil enemy and the Falcons were the good guys.  \

I picked up Alice from her house and drove her over here at 11.  I continued cleaning while Alice relaxed on the couch.  She's still in a good deal of pain.  It's hard for her to move around.  I'm not sure she'll be able to go back to work.  In fact, I doubt she will. 

I heated up the Best Damn Chili I made yesterday, and I have to say, it is the best damn chili I've ever made.  It's such a great recipe and here it is:

Best Damn Chili

I also made butter tarts, guacamole, and salad.  With my nacho cheese Doritos, Weinhard's root beer, regular beer, and chocolates, it was game time by 3.  Lisa brought over two plates of homemade fried chicken....oh my, this fried chicken was heaven.  So delicious.  So good. 

It was nice not having any game sheet or side action.  We just sat back and enjoyed the game and caught up on all things administratively incendiary.  The game was looking so good, just the way I wanted it, a blowout...and then....

Oh my God, that 4th quarter, what the hell happened Atlanta?  That was crazy.  That was ridiculous, but that's what champions do...they figure out a way to win.  I've seen it happen so many times in life, and there it was again last night.  It was disgusting but also epic...Tom Brady just may go down as the greatest football player of all time.  I'm not a fan, but I think he actually has my vote.  I can still remember the playoff game against the Raiders about 15 years ago in the snow in which he led his team to a come-from-behind victory at the beginning of his career.  He's one for the ages.  And Bill Belichick is a creative genius. 

After the game, I cleaned up, then drove with Alice back to SF.  We watched the last half of Victoria, but I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until 10:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment