Day 1319

Friday, August 25, 2016

Racquetball, work, home with Alice after 5.  I'm cleaning up what are called IPD documents at work, a collection of agreements and exhibits used in construction contracts that allow everyone to work together in a shared enterprise.  The main guy involved with the documents is coming out with a textbook on IPDs next year, a 500-page brick that will be the standard on the subject.

During my off time, I also looked at new desktop computers.  I haven't researched computers since 2009.  Do I go with a Pentium Core i7 or is i5 better?  Do I go with one of the cheaper AMD chips?  Do I need 8 gigs of RAM or 16?  Do I get something small or big or slim?  I'll keep my two monitors and my keyboards are fine.  Lots of choices to consider.  I've used my HP Slimline since 2009.  It's been a decent enough computer, even though it uses Vista.  Beyond Word, Quicken and email, I don't really use my computer for much, but it would be nice to get something that will stay relevant for the next five years or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment