Day 1307

Sunday, August 14, 2016

I woke up at 3:45 a.m. and had a Lyft driver pick me up at 4:15.  Oakland airport was quiet as I boarded my plane to Seattle for the day.  I arrived at SeaTac around 8:10.  I picked up my rental car, then picked up Kevin, who was waiting at arrivals (he took a shuttle from B'ham).  We went to Denny's just beside the airport and met Susan, Neal and Kathryn for breakfast.  We hung out for 2-3 hours. It's always a thrill hanging out with my original Bellingham gang, talking about life, politics, the world and our place in it.  I never tire of their company.

Afterward, I drove to Gwen's to attend Nicole's baby shower.  Lots of family were there.  Jill, mom and Craig, dad and Sue, Mathew and Rathna, plus most of Mike's family.  Nicole's Grandma Kay was there.  Greg was there.  Gwen had the house looking fantastic.  They remodeled the kitchen and it really has opened up their living space.  There was endless food and cute decorations on every stand and kitchen corner.  Chris and Elizabeth were there.  I enjoyed hanging out at the backyard gazebo. It's probably the coolest part of the property with a mild breeze cutting through.  The party lasted from 1-5.  Mom, Craig, Chris, Elizabeth, Jill and I left for their hotel at 6ish and I hung out with them for a few hours before returning to Gwen's at 8:15.  Nicole, Mike, Mathew, Rathna, G wen, Greg and Courtney were still there.  We talked and ate pizza until 10 or so, then everyone left and Greg went to bed.  Gwen and I stayed up and talked for another one.  I went to back around 11:30, then had to get up at 3:45 for another week of work, including jury consulting stuff.  It's going to be a brutal week.

Nicole, Me, Jill

Courtney and Nicole
Mom and Nicole
The Party

No comments:

Post a Comment