Day 314

Saturday, November 23, 2013

I wrote a little in the morning, then headed to Alice's at 10:30.  We did some chores in the afternoon, then attended a birthday/potluck in the evening.  The hostess, who shall remain nameless, had the audacity to not prepare anything for her own potluck, yet told her guests to bring something.  Alice and I arrived 30 minutes late, but we were the second couple to arrive.  We brought a green bean dish.  Alice asked, "What did you cook?" and the hostess said, "Oh, nothing.  I'll order a pizza if you need to."  Alice said, "Order a pizza," and the hostess said, "Oh, are you hungry?  We have leftover Chinese in the fridge."  What planet is that person on to host a party and provide nothing for her guests?  That just blows my mind.  Alice said, "I am speechless.  Hagan, let's leave and get some noodles."  I love Alice!


No comments:

Post a Comment