Day 298

Friday, November 8, 2013

Up at 4:00, at the gym at 5, only played a few games.  Brian showed up for the first time in months.  Steve and I played against Brian and Glenn.  We were ahead 9-3, but then Brian's serve kicked in and we ended up losing 13-15.  I then played with Tiger and lost badly.

After racquetball, I wrote for only an hour, then went to work early.  I'll leave today at 3 and continue writing.  Howard and the gang are back east and Cheryl is off today, so I have the whole building to myself.  Very quiet and relaxing.  I cleaned up some corners and sent a few emails.  Much different from my days at Wendel Rosen!

I'm determined to reach 50k words in True Colors by next week.  That should be enough of a first draft to really work each section of the book.  I have no idea how publishable this novel is.  I like the story and the kids are neat, but I will need to really study the marketplace in a different way so that I can figure out what editors are looking.  I can do all that, but it takes time to read their blogs and books.  I enjoy doing that, but to be honest, I'd rather work on a new novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment