Day 301

Monday, November 11, 2013

An editor at an independent children's book publishing house has asked to see revisions to Zombie Cookies.  She liked the characters but has issues with some of the plotlines and other minor details that can be easily fixed.  Anyway, I'm set to revise ZC and put TC on the back burner for the next few weeks.  I'm guessing it will take about two-to-three weeks to complete the requested revisions.  I like this editor and hope to work with her.  She seems real to me and fun.

I checked out a movie from 1981 that I hadn't seen in almost 30 years. 


I get a kick out of watching impressionable films of my 20s.  How different they seem to me now.  This film felt so real to me, and yet looking at it now, I'm struck by all the unnecessary drama that the Albert Finney character brings to his wife and children.  What a mess of a man he is, but also very believable for that kind of personality.  The really something seeing how old and dated everything looks.  There are some great moments in this film.  It holds up well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment