Day 1755

Thursday, November 2, 2017

I had my quarter-final match with Ramon tonight.  Ramon can be deadly, especially with his little 1970s racquet.  He played with it the first two games.  I was ahead 8-1 in the first game, but Ramon slowly crawled back and finally took an 11-10 lead.  He continued drive serving aces and won 12-15.  Thankfully, I was focused and on, beating him 15-6 in game two.  Our tie-breaker was both and forth for a good 30 minutes.  I was down 3-5, then up 6-5, then down 7-9, then 7-10.  He lob served that went too high off the back wall and I easily killed it.  I then served four successful serves and won the match 11-10.  We played a good 90 minutes or so.  I play my semi-final match against Noah on Tuesday.  That will be a tough one.  Noah's really good and fast.  I'll have to dig deep if I have any hope of beating him.

No comments:

Post a Comment