Day 1747 - Long Beach

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

We spent the day in Long Beach.  Alice and I took the bus to The Pike, a new shopping district.  We walked around for a bit, but it was so hot that after an hour we took the bus back to our ship.  We had lunch, then I went out to investigate the ship docked next to us:



This grand old ocean liner has been moored in Long Beach since 1967.   I walked around the ship, poking inside cabins and down hallways, taking in all the details and magnificence of this great slice of history.  It's a functioning hotel now with suites that appear very comfortable.  I wouldn't mind staying a night or two on this ship after our September cruise is over. 

Lobby Area

Promenade Level

Bar

Bar in the front

Hallway on Deck 5
Alice and I hung out the rest of the afternoon and had a relaxing dinner.  On our way to Ensenada tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment