Day 1745 - At Sea

Monday, October 23, 2017

Our first At Sea day of the cruise.  We're on the Grand Princess, a massive ship that's about 19 years old with new updates last year.  Each Princess ship is slightly different, I've noticed.  This ship has Alfredo's, a really good Pizza place on the Piazza (Deck 5).

Alice and I did our usual thing on sea days.  I woke up early and exercised in the fitness center, then joined Alice for breakfast in the dining room.  Afterward we hung out at the International Cafe, our favorite spot on the ship, and had our morning lattes.

I then went around the ship and collected stamps from various locations for the traditional Treasure Hunt drawing that all week-long Princess ships do.  Alice won two coffee cards on the Regal Princess, and ever since I've made sure her ballot is in the box.  She's lucky.  After collecting all the stamps, I placed our ballots in the big wooden Treasure Hunt box an hour or so before the drawing.  Well, running around the ship certainly paid off, because my ballot was selected first and Alice's was selected second!  I won a $250 Auction credit at one of the art auctions on board and Alice won another coffee card.  Amazing!



We spent the rest of the day lounging, reading, having lunch, napping, then getting ready for our first formal dinner.  Alice aunt and uncle and two of their friends (Steve and Judy) were also on the ship, so we all had dinner together.



It was a wonderful first full day of our cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment