Day 1750 - At Sea

Saturday, October 28, 2017

During our final at sea day, we attended an art auction in the Explorer's Lounge.  We got good seats and free mamosas.  I had a $250 gift certificate I'd won, and waited more than two hours to make a purchase.  On one of the final auctions, there were six paintings going for $199 each that we could take off the ship.  I got one and Alice picked the piece she liked the most that night in the art gallery.


It's a cute piece on aluminum, fully framed and everything for free.  What a deal.  The art auction was a bit strange.  There were paintings selling for $20,000.  Who wants to buy a huge painting on board a ship? 

Our final day at sea was relaxing, easy going, and lots of fun.  The ship leaves for Hawaii tomorrow.  I could easily go.  I'm not ready to go back to reality just yet, and I'm certainly not ready to read what's going on in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment