Day 1552

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Alice wanted to go to Easter service across the street at Holy Name Church, so we went to 9:30 mass.  I hadn't been to mass in decades.  It's funny attending mass as an older person.  While I found everything familiar, I couldn't get beyond the utter nonsense and ridiculousness of the belief system.  It's just beyond what people will believe.  Everything sounded ludicrous, but I know you're not supposed to say things like that.  The truth is stardust, I'm afraid.  Staring in front of a statue of a man nailed to a cross was just plain bizarre.  I'm not into that at all and don't see myself attending mass again anytime soon, unless Alice wants to. 

It was rainy all day, so I hung at home and watched the Warriors game while Alice visited her friend Amy.  We went to the hot tub on Diamond Heights and had dinner at a local Chinese restaurant which was pretty good.  I did a few things before bed, then lights out at 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment