Day 1547

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Up at 6, left SF at 7:15 and worked until 5.  Reasonable day.  Had my first playoff match at 7 against the reigning champ, Steve.  He was in Hawaii all last week, so I was hoping he was still on Hawaii time.  I hadn't beaten Steve in a league match in a while, but I was injury free and had nothing to lose.  I was ready to enter the zone.  Steve started strong and was ahead 1-8, then I served an ace and brought everything up a notch or two.  I came back and beat him in the first game 15-9.  Steve was frustrated.  He was missing shots he usually gets and was having trouble with my serves.  In the second game, I kept up the intensity and beat him 15-3 for a huge upset victory.  I had the upper hand in the mental game and sometimes that makes all the difference.  Ambush successful!  I play Ron Thursday night in the semis while Tyrone and Noah duke it out in the other semi-final match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment