Day 1549

Thursday, April 13, 2017

It was slow at work, so I watched this film called A Flood in Baath Country, made in 2003, about a Syrian dam built in the 1960s and featuring several scenes with students in classrooms.  It's in an eye-opening take on the institutionalized molding of young students to the Syrian regime.  They're taught to love regime first, Syria second.  Loyalty is above all things.


I had my semi-final racquetball match tonight against Ron, who is now a proud papa with a baby girl named Rory.  Ron was tired and considering forfeiting the match, but I encouraged him to show up and play for Rory's sake.  He came and we played.

For some strange reason, I've been playing really well this week and have been very focused in my play.  That's what happened Tuesday against Steve and it happened again tonight.  I beat Ron 15-13, 15-10, putting me in the playoffs for the time in two or three years.  I never thought that would happen again.  Tyrone lost his semi-final match to Jonah, a young Cal player who's friends with Ron.  He's very good and I have my hands full Tuesday night, but we'll see what happens.  I like playing at home with the home crowd cheering me on.

My serves were strong tonight and Ron missed a few shots and lacked a certain focus, which was also Steve's problem.  I didn't make too many mistakes tonight and my focus was really on.  My shots were accurate and I made Ron do a lot of running.  We'll see if I can keep it up another few days.  I feel as if I've already won, beating both Steve and Ron in match play in the same week!  These two are amazing players, so I must have something going for me in order to beat them both without going to a tiebreaker.

Came home and celebrated with a burrito.  Now it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment