Day 856

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another 7-hour work day at Varinsky to get a focus group report out the door.  I sorted through my photographs and started entering our trip into my blog.  I also read a few more articles about Seymour Hersh's amazing piece on the true story of the bin Laden raid.  What a country we live in.  With each passing day, my sensibilities become more and more European (or Canadian...anything but typically American, which has lost so much credibility since 9/11).

I hope history accurately records that our invasion of Iraq in 2003 was purely a decision of choice and desire and far-removed from an act of necessity.  The Bush cabal wanted that war and got it.  Nothing could stop them.  Not the American people.  Not the media.  Nothing.  Now we live with unimaginable consequence, ISIS and beyond, trying to hold onto this mythical narrative of greatness that belies actual events.  Seymour Hersh is my favorite person in the world right now.  I listened to his 25-minute interview on Democracy Now and I believe every word of his narrative (until there's a reason not to).

Spoke with Chris from 8-10, catching up, talking shop, then went to bed around 10:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment