Day 841 - Aarhus

Monday, May 4, 2015

Aarhus, Denmark, Day 3 at Sea

Since we weren't docking in Aarhus, Denmark until noon, we had a leisurely morning.  I ran a few miles, ate breakfast with Alice, then read for an hour or so until lunch.  What a life I'm leading today!

We had lunch, then left the ship around 1.  Shuttle buses took passengers from the dock to the center of town.  Alice and I rode in a large fancy Mercedes tour bus by ourselves to the town center.  We had our own personal tour of Aarhus.

Once in the town center, we walked along the main walking street, taking in some of the beautiful old churches and shops we passed along Sonder Alle.  After so many days of intense sightseeing, we took our time in Aarhus.  The weather was cool and rainy.

The Aarhus Cathedral, built at the end of the 12th Century, is breathtaking in its simplicity and beauty.

Aarhus Cathedral






We continued walking down Sonder Alle and it began to rain.


Alice wanted wifi, so we searched for a cozy place to connect to the rest of civilization.  We found it on a side street that had a popular juice bar in Northern Europe.


The place was very comfortable...

Inside Joe & the Juice

Joe & the Juice
  ...and Alice was in her element.

How do I get connected in this place?

Stop that, Hagan!

Yea, I have wifi!

Is 6 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time too early to send a text?

I am so happy in Aarhus with my wifi!
I even FaceTimed with Gwen for a few minutes.  It reminded me how far everything was back in 1985 when the only way to communicate was through postcards and letters, and the occasional phone call that seemed to have to go through special operators.  It's a different world today.

We headed back to our ship around 4.




I had a delicious turkey pot pie for dinner that was really good.  Alice had yummy calamari.


We set sail for Berlin around 6:30 p.m.  Today felt like an easygoing tourist day compared to what was in store for us tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment