Day 855

Monday, May 18, 2015

Back to work after a few weeks off.  It was nice to get back to my routine.  I left Alice's at 5 a.m. and once home started the long process of unpacking, going through all my mail (i.e. bills), emails, and wrapping my mind around a foreseeable future of nonstop work.  Hmm.  It was a bit daunting realizing all the stuff I had to do, including all the pictures I wanted to post and format, all the blog entries I needed to write, emails to return, food to fill in my fridge, calls to return, reality to return to...where to start?

Then there's the news.  Instead of doing any of the things on my to-do list, I digested a 10,000-word expose by ace reporter Seymour Hersh that detailed how the CIA and Obama White House fabricated the bin Laden raid with all sorts of lies and untruths in order to hide the real story, which he revealed in his article.  We'll see how it all plays out, but right now, my money is with Hersh in uncovering what really happened.  He's amazing in getting at the truth.  What an embarrassment for Obama if it turns out that the entire courier story and CIA's "Zero Dark Thirty" torture methods are completely bogus.  All governments engage in myth making, especially ours.

The Killing of Osama bin Laden

To bed early.  Not yet back to full strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment