Day 716

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

With my flight back to Oakland taking off at 6 a.m., I was up even early for me, 3:35, and out the door by 4.  I gassed up, hit 405 South for 30 minutes, then dropped off the rental car and hit the security lines by 5.  Once I passed security and got a hot tea and banana, I was good to go.  The flight was full but the person who had the center seat in my row was a noshow, so it was a comfortable, leisurely flight home.  The seat situation on flights is ridiculous.  I'm a pretty small person and even I'm unable to move around much on those flights.  It's a joke the way airlines have squeezed every last inch out of the seats on flights.  I wonder if anyone's actually done papers on the topic, the lack of leg room and elbow room on flights.  It's horrible.

I arrived at Oakland by 8 and took the BART shuttle to Coliseum Station, then 12th Street.  I ended up working at Wendel until 5, then came home, finished a sandwich I'd eaten earlier in the day, then crashed hard without even unpacking.  I was wiped out.  Went to bed at 10 and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 4:25. 

No comments:

Post a Comment