Day 523

Friday, June 20, 2014

Woke up at 5, hit the gym at 5:30, ran around the track for 10 minutes to wake up, then played a couple of easy games with the guys from the B court until Tiger waltzed in at 6:45.  We played one game to 7 before I hit the showers and went home.

I had a two-hour meeting with my racquetball partner Dorian about putting down on paper his memoir and experiences of racism as an entrepreneur in the professional sports world and construction world.  He's a larger than life personality with lots of good stories.  We've been meaning to get his story down for a couple years now.  It seems this is the right time to get the research done and a draft written.  I'm anticipating a 40-50k-word manuscript that captures Dorian's experiences in Louisiana when he was trying to building a community center with federal funds but was stopped by the corrupt power brokers in the parish where the projects was planned.  It's quite a tale and mirrors the obstructionist reaction Obama has experienced while in the White House.

We spent our first meeting talking about Dorian's childhood.  Very interesting.  After our meeting I came home and planned to sleep for only 30 minutes, but I ended up sleeping two hours.  I'm still recovering from the whirlwind D.C. weekend.

I'm doing chores from 1-4, then heading to the city and staying with Alice all weekend.  We have nothing planned so it should be very relaxing.  I'm looking forward to a weekend of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment