Day 517

Saturday, June 14, 2014

This was a memorable day.  I hope to post pictures from Jeff & Cheryl's wedding soon.  This was the first day in many years that the Bellingham gang was together in one place.  Jeff & Cheryl's wedding was at 4.  I flew into Dulles at 6:30 or so.  Laura, Jeff's ex-wife, picked me up and drove me to her house where Kevin and Susan were still sleeping.  Neal & Karin, Steve, Amanda & Lindsay were coming over later.  We had a great breakfast and hung out all morning.  It was wonderful.  We went to the Tabard Inn around 1 or so and checked into the hotel.  Kevin and I had a spacious room on the second floor which ended up being the after party room later that night.  I found an iron and got ready for the wedding.  I met Ron & Jeni and Kathryn & Tom at the hotel. It was great seeing everyone.

We took cabs to the church about ten minutes away.  The wedding was at 4.  It was short, sweet and poignant.  I enjoyed it.  Everyone asked when Alice and I were getting married.  We're in no hurry, but one day I'd love to throw a huge party for Alice with everyone around.  I'd enjoy that.

The reception was held at the Tabard Inn where everyone was staying.  It turned out to be a great location.  We partied from 5-11.  I took a break from 8-9:30 and went to sleep (I was so tired).  Kevin got me up and I found my second wind.  We all ended up staying up until 3:30.  We ordered pizza at 2:30.  Jeff came over at 1.  We played cards and had an absolute blast.  It's nice to know nothing's changed with these folks.  We're still the same silly gang we always were.


No comments:

Post a Comment