Day 518

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Woke up at 8:15, had breakfast with the wedding party, then took cabs back to Laura's where we decided to visit the Washington Mall and see two memorials I hadn't seen before, the FDR Memorial and the MLK Memorial.

It was a beautiful day in our nation's capital.  I enjoyed spending the whole afternoon catching up with everyone.  The FDR Memorable is large and impressive.  It's a statement monument, acknowledging the accomplishments of each Roosevelt term. It's beautiful.


The MLK Memorial looks better in person than online.  It's not as bad as the critics make it sound.  I enjoyed it.


Kevin and I flew out of Dulles that evening.  We each bought Hillary's new book, which I'm reading now:


I arrived back in San Francisco at 10 p.m.  Alice picked me up at Daly City and I stayed with her for the night.  A whirlwind weekend but totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment