Day 60

Thursday, March 14, 2013

I woke up at 4:40 and headed to the gym to shower.  I was back home at 5:50 but was so tired I slept on the couch until 7:20.

I had breakfast and got to work.  Life of Pi is still in my head and an inspiration, especially the soundtrack, which totally deserved the Oscar.

I've been writing and reading since 8.  Zombie is at 22,000 words.  If I can reach 30,000 by Monday, that would make me happy.  I'm going to try not to get too carried away with the themes of this story, but I'm coming to realize that getting carried away is sort of what I like to do.  That might not be appropriate when writing for boys.  I don't know.

I need to compose a synopsis for Martin Martinez so I used the synopsis I wrote for Julia Milan as an example.  When I read the Julia synopsis, I couldn't help but feel depressed that the novel hadn't been picked up.  It might not be a good idea for me to refer to that book until I'm in a place to balance out the failure with a success.  Failure is fine and expected, but total failure is tough. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment