Day 48

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I wrote the opening thousand words to a middle grade boy book called Don't Eat the Zombie Cookies.  Has it come to that?  I'm afraid it has. 

On the flight home last night, I questioned the commercial attributes of all my writing projects except Austin15, which I'm assuming is very commercial if properly realized.  Introducing Girls and Martin Martinez are probably not very commercial, even though they're done and almost done.  It won't hurt putting them out there; however, my energy may be better served in writing some simple, low-brow formula rather than high-brow, complicated, unusual and plainly odd-ball books that aren't really written for anyone.  It took about 15 minutes to come up with a suitable storyline for Zombie Cookies.  Maybe that's the project that goes right to the top of the project heap, a 60k silly-fest.

Mom also reminded me that Botticelli Girl would make an excellent YA suspense thriller.  She's right. 



I'm at Alice's now until Monday morning.  It's great being home and back on my schedule.  I have a lot of raquetball matches to make up, but they aren't until after 6 when I'm not too productive.  My mornings and afternoons will be intense.  Let's see what I come up with. 

I have eight projects that I can work on this year.  That's a lot of projects!  Austin15 is one I'll write for sure, and fast.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment