Day - 1310

Friday, May 22, 2020

Chris and I went through a few revised scenes in Grandudes this morning.  Lots of fun and some snappy dialogue and screenwriting.  I do love the rhythms of screenwriting.

In the afternoon, Dorian and I spent a few hours at Howard's house.  It was so beautiful up there.  When Dorian comes back, we'll have a social distancing barbecue. 

D and Howard played a little backgammon while I listened to their wonderful banter.  I like the close comaradarie the three of us have developed.

I came back home around 5:30 and spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching Netflix.  I watched Michelle Obama's documentary Becoming and three episodes of the Monty Python documentary. 


Michelle Obama's Becoming was wonderful.  She's such a thoughtful, sensible, truly real person.  I really enjoyed this doc a lot.  I love how she spents time with every stranger she meets and really gives them her undivided attention for the few moments she has with them while she signs her book.  It's clear how loved she is.  This was a very special documentary.

The Monty Python Almost the Truth Lawyer's Cut is a documentary from a decade ago that shares all about the iconic sketch troupe.  I watched with fanlike fascination.  Life of Brian and Holy Grail are such a vivid part of my upbrining.  All my friends and I loved these guys.  I've always found Michael Palin to be the most talented and funny, though I guess John Cleese was considered the star.  I didn't know Graham Chapman was such a piece of work.  He really did have the most majestic on-screen presence, making him the leading man in both Brian and Grail.  Eric Idle is also always so good.  I enjoyed this very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment