Day - 1444

Sunday, |January 12, 2020

I woke up early to be at Starbuck's at 6 to talk to Gwen.  I arrived at 5:45. I wasn't looking forward to our call.  I didn't know how it could be positive if she wasn't working on her issues or keeping from drinking.  As the worst drinker in the family, it made no sense to me that she was drinking again and wanted to talk to me, given our past and our different perspectives on the dangers of drinking.  After all, I was the one who gave her lectures about the evils of drinking in high school.  I might have meant it more literally back then, but now it feels like an accurate metaphor.  At any rate, she wasn't available to take my call at 6 -- a miscommunication...she thought 6 p.m. (9 her time), not 6 a.m. -- so instead I talked to Jill for 50 minutes.  It was a nice call.  There was a race near the Starbuck's I was at, so at 6:30 the place was packed!




After I left, Alice and I spent the rest of the day at home, taking care of chores, watching YouTube videos of Tokyo and Shanghai, eating a yummy dinner and watching 60 Minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment