Day - 1439

Friday, January 17, 2020

Pretty quiet at work today, so I prepared for a training session I'll be giving in Sacramento next Tuesday.

Alice met me after work and we took the NX1 bus home.  I got Sophie a gift certificate at Walden Pond Books.  We walked back around the Grand Lake Theater and along Lakeshore to my apt., where I packed for the weekend.

At 6, we headed down to Richard and Lisa's for Sophie's 18th birthday.  Lisa was alone getting the house ready while Sophie and Richard were getting Zachery's pizza.  The few minutes of alone time we had with Lisa was sweet.  The pizza arrived about 30 minutes later.  Rossana, Rodney, Margaret, Biff and Ronda, and Sophie's friends Sydney, Miranda and Lily were in attendance.  It was a wonderful gathering to celebrate the 18th birthday of the youngest Young.  Such a wonderful, special evening.




Alice took this picture of me, Rodney and Richard.  I love that it's here in the Young dining room, where on October 31, 1994, the three of us listened to J.S. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in d minor while handing out Halloween candy.  There was no furniture little if any furniture in the house and the lights were off inside.  Rodney sat in a rocking chair and Richard and I sat on dining chairs maybe.  When the trick-or-treaters walked up the steps to the porch, they looked inside the house from the living room window and weren't able to see us.  They couldn't tell anyone was inside.  That's when we started playing with the idea of scaring little kids on Halloween.  Our Halloween tradition was born that night in this very room with these two amazing, creative, funny, brilliant guys.  What a trio!

By 9:30 I was fading fast, so Alice and I called it a night, said our goodbyes and headed back to SF, where I took a quick shower, popped into bed and fell fast asleep by 10:45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment