Day - 1427

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Robert and I played Kirk and Ari and took care of business this morning in racquetball.  Work was busy again.  I managed to practice an hour or so before rehearsal.  We're playing three new pieces: Beethoven Symphony No. 2, Symphonic Metamorphosis by Paul Hindemith, and Richard Strauss's Horn Concerto No. 2. 

The Beethoven is a real treat, but tricky in spots and fast in the first and fourth movement.  I'm not familiar with the Strauss.  He's always rhythmically challenging.  I have played Hindemith's SM in college or community orchestra and it's really great.  There are a few tricky spots but it shouldn't be too bad.

Marty mixed up the seating arrangements of the orchestra, so now the 2nds are sitting where the cellos once sat.  I like it.  More exposure for me.  Should be a fun concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment