Day 1683

Wednesday, August 23, 2017


Gwen and I left Oakland at 7:30 a.m. and arrived at SFO around 8:15.  We had a relaxing, leisurely wait before boarding our flight.  Gwen upgraded to Economy Plus for an extra $400.  I didn't think it was worth it so I kept my seat, which was comfortable enough.  It took 15 hours to fly from SFO to Singapore.  I watched a bunch of movies, my thing to do on long overseas flights.


This was the first film I saw.  I was not disappointed.  The first half was dynamite!  Great acting and lots of nice moments.


This was the second film I watched and the second Best Picture I've viewed overseas (the first was Birdman).  Excellent film. 



Oh, did I ever love watching these back-to-back.  A total treat.  Danny Boyle is a wizard genius filmmaker whom I never (ever) tired of.  He's so good, so entertaining, so dazzling.  I love this guy.

I finished the flight with a documentary on comedy.  It was good but a bit of a downer.  Standup is tough and here's the proof. 

We landed the next day in the afternoon and had an hour or so before flying out to Chennai, another five hours away.  What a long, exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment