Day 1635

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Up early at 7:15, even though I went to bed at 2:15 a.m. the night before.  The Oxford Suites is very comfortable.  It's the best place to stay in Bellingham.  The morning breakfast is reasonable.  I saw Janet up in the morning and joined her for 30 minutes or so until Heather and Karen came down.  We hung out for an hour, then got ready to take a walk across the street to Bellis Fair Mall.  I had a speech to prepare for Judy's memorial, so I wasn't sure if I could join, but took about ten minutes to jot down some notes and figured I could wing the speech since I'd kicked around enough ideas on the drive over.



After jotting a few ideas down, I walked with my aunts and Janet to Bellis Fair, got a Starbuck's mocha, came back, changed, and then drove with mom to the church for the memorial.  It was about half-full with friends from Bellingham. The triplets and their families were there, as well as Dad and Sue.  The service was very nice and heartfelt.  I spoke for about 12 minutes or so.  It was fine.  Afterward, we went back to Oxford Suites and hung out in their conference room, where there was food and an open bar.  It was nice seeing so many Hagans in a room.  I always think of Grandpa when I'm with so many Hagan family members.  It was a poignant day, full of memories, sadness, and special memories for Auntie Judy.






After the party, we hung out at Karen and Janet's room until about 11:30 or so.  Then off to bed.  Everyone was really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment