Day 1474

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chinese New Year!  The year of the rooster.  We were all going to Alice's cousin Elaine's for lunch, but Elaine's mother Vicki fell and was taken to the hospital, so lunch was canceled.  Alice's parents, sister Karen, Kenny and two nieces Sharon and Katie came over for lunch at Alice's.  There was a lot of delicious food and dessert.  It was a nice visit, but everyone was concerned about Vicki.  Elaine and Bill were at the hospital.  Toward the end of lunch, we heard Vicki was going to SF General for neck surgery tomorrow.  Elaine and Bill are staying the night at the hospital.  Alice is worried.  I hope she'll recover from this.  Falling is one of the biggest fears of growing older.  Gravity is unforgiving for the elderly.  I need to remember that when I'm rushing in and out of hallways and staircases later in life. 

In the afternoon, Alice and I relaxed.  We watched two episodes of Bill Maher.  It's weekly therapy for the daily nightmare. 

We watched Royal documentaries in the evening, but I fell asleep around 8 and didn't wake up until 1.  Wow, I must have been sleep-deprived.

No comments:

Post a Comment