Day 966

Sunday, September 6, 2015

I wrote for only two hours this morning.  We left for Elaine and Wayman's around 10:30 and stayed until 11 p.m.  It was a fun day of eating, reading, playing games (including foosball), and relaxing outside in perfect Los Altos weather.  I read about 100 pages of a new book about San Francisco that I checked out of the library on Friday.


I read the chapters that focused on the George Moscone, Harvey Milk, Jim Jones and the People's Temple.  Pretty incredible reading.  I didn't know Jim Jones helped get Moscone elected mayor in the early 70s, allowing him political favors for his cult and an insider in the DA's office.  I'm enjoying this book.

Five of us played three games of Pandemic and finally won the last game late in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment