Day 736

Monday, January 20, 2015

Went to the gym at 5:30, but couldn't play.  My arm was too sore, so I took one of my executive workouts, consisting of a shower, 10 minute jacuzzi, 60 minute nap on a reclining beach chair, followed by another 5 minutes jacuzzi soak.  Oh yeah, that was nice.  I met Dorian and his friend Tom for coffee for an hour, then arrived at Varinsky around 10.  Stayed until 3.  We're very busy there.  I had to pick up the E-Force Demo Bag in Concord, so I drove there at 4, played two quick games, then headed back home.  By 9 I was gone, so I went to bed.  Tomorrow's another busy day and I want to finalize hard copy queries I'm sending out this week.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete_Carroll_SB49_Bye_Monday_Press_Conference/45507c35-4ef7-42d7-8b38-5a153619eef4

Before going to bed, I watched Pete Carroll's Monday morning press conference.  I've been watching Coach Carroll and Russell Wilson's press conferences all season long, and they're so inspiring to me. What Coach C says about messaging is so important, especially that tape running through our heads, always mindful of the belief that good things are about to happen.  The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl because they willed it to happen.  There were so many reasons why Green Bay should have won yesterday, and after 6 minutes left in the 4th Quarter, I wasn't able to think of a legitimate scenario that allowed them any hope for victory, but against all odds the tape in their head never let them quit.  It's so inspiring.   

No comments:

Post a Comment