Day 720

Saturday, January 3, 2014

I came over to Alice's around 11, stopping first at the Ortega library to take care of an issue involving a library book I had returned but hadn't cleared my account.  The book was already shelved, so the issue was resolved.  Of course, I couldn't resist checking out a few new books, even though I'm already reading a bunch of other books and have no time for new novels right now.  That didn't stop me from checking out the following:





We Need New Names is a San Francisco library selection for the On The Same Page program where the libraries lend several copies of one book so that readers can discuss it later on.  This is the book for January/February.  Looks interesting.  Lauren Oliver is a genius, so I read everything by her.  And Dave Eggers is also a genius.  His new book looks interesting, too, and so far it is...all dialogue.  Let's see if he can sustain it.  Worse than Witches is a good title.  I'm curious to see if the book's any good.

After the library, I spent the afternoon taking care of tedious things, then helped Alice prepare for her dinner party with a few of her friends (Mark, Ruberto, Jay, Cecilia).  They came over between 4-5 and we had lots of delicious food that Alice had prepared.  They left by 9 and I was in bed by 9:30, totally exhausted for no real reason.  It felt so good to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment