Day 719

Friday, January 2, 2014

I started the day with a lot of racquetball, almost five hours of it, with another E-Force player from Livermore, Tracy Leever, who played with me, Tiger, Glenn, Cliff, Steve H., and Mike Cota.  Lots of doubles and a few games of singles at the end.  A nice way to lose a few of those extra pounds I've accumulated this past week.

Afterward, I came home and went about all the tasks on my plate, all the longterm projects going on, beginning with Dogs in the Fog, my seventh novel, though it feels as if it's my eighth since True Colors Detective Agency was written twice.  What I'm discovering is writing from the perspective of a dog is really about writing from the point of view of a very religious person.  Because for Tos, his owner Tim is God.  Tos is Tim's humble servant.  If anyone really wants to be an obedient servant in the eyes of God, just watch how dogs behave. 

I took time in the afternoon to check out the sale at The Gap and read for 90 minutes at Starbucks while listening to Handel.  I'm back into David Mitchell's The Bone Clocks, which I'm enjoying, along with a few short stories by Carol Shields, whom I've loved for almost 30 years now. 




I also read the new SCBWI magazine, taking in all the advice the writers are generous enough to offer.  After Starbucks, I came back home and organized the remaining Christmas/New Year cards I'm planning to send out.  I ran out of stamps last week and have waited for the long lines to calm down. 

I stayed up until 10 checking out more clothing deals online.  I didn't get any new clothes last year, so this year I'm making up for it and the sales are good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment