Day 484

Monday, May 12, 2014

I work all week from 9-2, which is prime writing time but what can I do...I need to pay the rent.  Luckily, it was slow, allowing me time to edit at work.  I came home at 2:30 and wrote another two hours.  I'm revising the last four chapters of Part 4 and looking over earlier chapters that need additional edits.  I like how the book sounds and know it will be complete eventually, but the draft I'll send to Sharon in two weeks, though readable, will have many moving parts that are still in need of a lot of tinkering.  This cruise coming up will be so enjoyable for me.  If there's one thing I do well, it's relaxing and doing nothing.

A new interview with Donald Sterling came out, and it was pretty graphic in how a mind processes and reasons from a perspective of clouded, narcissistic insanity.  The only option left for him is to quietly fade away into the sunset because he's done.  We don't need to hear another word from him; however, he is a good reminder of how impossible it is to reason with someone who is so grounded in his own certainty, self-pity, and blamelessness.  He was set up.  Right.  Did he set himself up in this latest interview?  What an ugly, sad, broken shell of a billionaire.  The vultures will circle him Scrooge-style when his day comes.  Anderson Cooper was calm and strong, commenting just enough while letting the man bury himself.

When Alice and I get back from our cruise, I'd like to really learn some of the social media tools out there, but have no interesting talking about myself, so I've been thinking of a cause to adopt, something important to me that no one else has tackled.  I've come up with one possibility that I like:  Just One Time for Real Time.  That's the slogan for the cause I want to champion.  Real Time with Bill Maher has never won an Emmy, losing out to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report every year since 2003.  It's doubtful Real Time will ever win, which is why I'm drawn to this cause.  I love hopeless causes.  At any rate, joke for joke, Bill Maher's Real Time is the funniest, smartest, wittiest, and politically coolest show on television and has been for years.  It's time the show was recognized and appropriately honored.  

No comments:

Post a Comment