Day 474

Friday, May 2, 2014

Woke up at 5 a.m. and drove from Fairfield to Oakland.  No racquetball today.  I slept another 30 minutes, then showered and started writing around 8:15.  I wrote until early evening, working on chapters in part 6.  I've rewritten every chapter I've looked at with a different series of ideas and a more detective-like ending.  Now that that's on paper I can focus on the buildup that begins around chapter 88 and continues through chapter 97.  Once part 6 is done, I'll go back to part 5 and work on what needs to be finished there.  Then I'll hit parts 2 and 3, spend at least a week on part 4, then go through the entire manuscript at least twice.  By then, I'll have a readable draft, but this novel is so big with so many little details that it'll take several more passes before I get it right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment