Day 477

Monday, May 5, 2014

Up at 5, racquetball until 7, writing from 8-7.  All chapters are on paper with chapters 80-83 in need of a rewrite.  Now the fun begins.  I'll go over the book a few times, revising each section and getting things in a readable state, adding what needs to be added, removing what isn't necessary, focusing on pacing, continuity, character details, and all the little things I don't think about when assembling the first draft.  It's always a good feeling when all the chapters are on paper.  True Colors Detective Agency is 100 chapters long with a short prologue and epilogue, around 65k words right now, but I can see about 3k words removed, maybe more, so it will end up being roughly the size of Zombie Cookies.  Since February 2013, I've written two new novels and revised three older novels.  Not bad.

From 8-10, I treated myself to episodes one and two of the new 24, Live Another Day.  There are a few things the show does very well, but the commercials are ridiculous.  Is it my imagination or have they added an addition 2-3 minutes of commercials since 2004.  It's insane.  Entertainment Weekly gave the latest effort a C+, which sounds about right.  I'll give it a B, only because it's 24 and Jack Bauer still rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment