Day 256

Friday, September 27, 2013

Up at 4:40, gym, home, breakfast, then finished reading a novel by my neighbor Rex for two hours before our meeting in the afternoon.  It's a light-hearted satire on wealthy San Franciscans in Pacific Heights and very well written.  Rex's only problem is the book might not be commercial enough in this market.  It's certainly good enough.  He has a deft comedic hand and a way with language.  I was impressed.

At noon, I met with a small jury consulting company to work about 10-20 hours a week to generate some income while my books get off the ground.  This will eat away at my writing time, but if I can squeeze in a few more hours after dinner, I should be fine and stay on track.

In the evening, I played pinball with Richard and 6th grader Sophie.  There may be a novel in my future about a 6th grade pinball wizard who navigates the choppy waters of middle school. 

Loved playing Spin Out and Pin Bot!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment