Day 238

Monday, September 9, 2013

Up at 4, gym at 5, writing from 8-5:30.  I wrote over 10,000 words today, a personal best, all going toward middle chapters of True Colors Detective Agency.  I drafted about 14 chapters, from Lani's abduction to Lani and Lauren's reunion.  Still working out in my mind the entire scope and arch of the book, but so far it feels good.  We'll see how it plays out when it's finished.  I plan to keep at it at this pace, so perhaps by mid-to-late October a draft will be ready.

After 5:30, I watched about 45 minutes of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland while eating dinner.



What a strange interpretation.  It's a visual delight, but the story...hmmm.

Spent the last few hours of the evening organizing and reading.  I wouldn't mind writing 10,000 words of Intervention Island tomorrow.  I'd like everything up until Caroline's departure for the island writing by the end of September.  October and November can be the show.  December the finale and revisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment