Day 235

Friday, September 6, 2013

Up at 4:45, gym until 7, wrote from 7:30 until 4, then headed over to Alice's for the weekend.

Spent all day on True Colors, the middle great detective story I've been kicking around since last year.  I have the whole thing plotted out and now it's time to write all the scenes.  I have the first 5,000 words written. I'm projecting the book will be about 45,000 words or so. 

I may write the middle section first.  The main character Lani is an 11-year-old adopted girl from China living on Lakeshore Ave. in Oakland with her parents.  Her mom's a teacher and her dad's a detective with the Oakland Police Department.

Lani's best friend is Lauren, a young entrepreneur who run a business called True Colors Detective Agency.  For anywhere from $5-15, they help solve little mysteries around the neighborhood.  As long as I keep the writing lively and simple, it should be a fun book for young readers.

Headed over to Alice's after work and went out for sushi in the evening.  So good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment