Day 213

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Up at 6, wrote until 9:30, then talked to Gwen for about two hours.  She's reaching her bottom and has finally asked for help.  She and Greg have a plan to contain their drinking and get back on track.  She's been here before and always bounces back and returns stronger than ever.  She hasn't been grounded for nearly three years now. 

I spent a few hours writing in the afternoon, but wasn't as focused as I wanted to be.  I have the first three chapters of Connie written out and will revise them so they make sense.  I like how the new novel sounds.  It's also nice to write an adult book with adult themes and not worry about how sophisticated the language is.  With so much material to write about, I think Intervention Island will be written quickly.

Played poker at Mark's monthly poker game and lost $29.  I played maybe two or three hands all night.  Lots of sets flopped in the evening and one set-over-set, which was brutal for Jason. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment