Day 204

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Woke up at 4:40 and made it to the gym at 5:10.  I practiced shots for an hour in preparation for my league match with Ed. After showering, I went to Safeway and bought cookie dough and chicken wings to make for our Erie Street Block party from 7-9.

After breakfast, I spent the morning drafting chapter one of Intervention Island.  Here's the first page of notes I used for this epic novel I'm writing with Chris.

First page of notes for Intervention Island


Though the novel is about reality television, it's also going to be about siblings and family dysfunction (my favorite theme!).  There will be two narratives much like Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl.  Chris is writing all of Carmela's chapters.  She's the youngest sister and very earnest and concerned for her rock star older sister Caroline.  I'm writing all the older brother chapters.  Conrad, aka, Connie, a reality tv show producer.  He is a total piece of work (my favorite characters!).

Chris and I read each other's first chapter from 2-3.  His chapter was SO GOOD!  It's really good.  This novel is going to kick ass.

From 3-4, I made cookies and broiled my wings.  I then changed and hit Club One to play Ed.  I beat him 15-11, 15-9 in a close battle until the end when my drive serves were hitting that sweet spot.

After racquetball, I came home and got ready for our Block Party!


We had about 20 folks come out and mingle for a few hours.  I met Joseph, Wendy, Brian, Daniel, Mary and also chatted with Bonnie and Justin from my building.  It was great fun.

After the block party, I talked to Alice on Face Time and hit the hay at 9:40.  I was wiped out!


No comments:

Post a Comment