Day 211

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Only wrote for a few hours today.  Alice wasn't feeling well, so I picked her up from work early and drove her home.  We watched John Carter tonight.


I've never read the books or the comics and didn't know anything about the story.  All I knew was that this film was a financial disaster for Disney.

So, we watched it.  Visually, there are some amazing scenes; however, as a two-hour movie, it's a total mess.  There's nothing to hold onto and no one to really root for.  I'm sure the source material fills in the holes and allows for a more emotional storytelling experience, but as a film, this one doesn't work right from the get go.

Alice went to bed early and I finished wrapping up a few ideas I had that I plan to expand tomorrow.  I should be a lot more productive the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment