Day 128

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Woke up at 5:05 (hit the snooze one too many times), played racquetball until 6:30, went grocery shopping, started writing at 8:15.  Sent an email to Chris about an idea we brainstormed last night.  Great idea.  Million dollar idea.  It could be the next big project, though I'd like to get Introducing Girls revised and Austin15 written first.  

Writing chapters 29 and 30...Switchblade's entrance.  These are fun chapters.  Revised chapters 3 and 4.  I plotted out what I need to do between now and June 7 and it's truly crazy.  I'm not sure I can get it all done without writing around the clock.  Still, it would be nice to have a reasonable draft of Don't Eat the Zombie Cookies by the time Alice and I leave for Alaska.

Had my first violin lesson in over 25 years today with Carla Moore, a baroque violin virtuoso who offered a free lesson at a school auction last year.  It was great.  We worked on the first movement of an A minor concerto by Vivaldi.  I learned a few basics about the baroque technique.  Baroque bows run around $400 and baroque violins run under $2,500.

After my lesson (finished at 3) I wasn't very productive.  Tomorrow should be a very good day as there's nothing on my calendar but writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment