Day 109

Friday, May 3, 2013

I woke up at 7.  No writing today.

My first racquetball match was against Steve Hale out of Sacramento.  I don't know how I won this match.  He was very good for a 23 seed player.  He hadn't played tournaments in a while.  He had great serves and made smart shows.  I was down 1-7 in the first game, then somehow managed to get things going and stole the game 15-12.  My drive serve was working and my arm felt good, so I continued drive serving.  I lost the second game 14-15, and won the tie-breaker 11-4.

I played my doubles match with Carlos Mansilla right afterward and we lost in 3, 9-11 in the tie-breaker.  That was a tough one.  My arm was starting to bother me after that match.

For the rest of the day I watched the pros play.


Rocky Carson played against local pro Bobby Horn in a tight second game before Rocky eventually rolled past him on his way to the quarter-finals.

Rocky continued to play well against Markie Rojas, who actually took one game from Rocky before succumbing to some incredible drive and z-serves.



#1 Kane Waselenchuck dominated #5 Jose Rojas in three quick games.  Kane's serves were so explosive that whenever Jose retrieved them, Kane killed the ball, ending the rally.



I went to bed around 11 or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment