Day 122

Thursday May 16, 2013

Woke up at 5:50 and started writing.  I had a lot of energy today.  I finished chapter 22 and organized paragraphs for chapters 23-26.  I'd love to get up to chapter 27 by Sunday. 

I have 70k words of Zombie Cookies written.  That's after 10 weeks.  Not bad.

I'm still on track to completing the first draft by June 8.  Alice has given me the weekends to do what I need to do.  She's a saint. 

Almost finished with Gone Girl.  Very very well written book.  Inspiring.  Now on 6th episode of Wallander.  Chris is reading the books now.  I'll have to pick one up.  Supposed to be great. 

I'm still in love with this photograph:


I can't stop thinking about this Hubble Extreme Deep Field shot.  To me, it provides answers to questions that have never been answered.  We're just one world in a universe of millions of worlds.  Some are just like ours and some are quite different, but the numbers suggest we are one of many.  Many, many, many.  I don't know why, but I find this so uplifting and comforting.  Billions of galaxies, trillions of stars and trillions upon trillions of planets.  If we're a one-in-a-trillion kind of planet, there are a trillion other planets just like earth.  To me, that is remarkable, and this picture suggests that.  If Galileo could only see this picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment