Day 86

Wednesday, April 10 2013

Steve Basham and I played in the Club One finals last night.  We were both injured.  A muscle under my right shoulder was inflamed and Steve's wrist hurt.  I didn't like my chances at all, but managed to take the first game 15-10 and build a 5-0 lead in the second game.  Then I shut down and Steve picked up momentum.  He beat me 15-6 and 11-3 in the tie-breaker.  The next day, I was sore all over with a shoulder that is not happy with me.  My feet are all blistered.  I'm a wreck.  I'll be back to full-strength in a few weeks.  I'm taking time off.  It was a good season.  The final match was my only loss for the season.  There's always next year, though the new crop of players (Ed, Mike C., Alex, Roger) are ready to knock me, Steve and Tyrone down.  Tom may sign up next season as well, making the league one of the toughest around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment