Day 83

Sunday, April 7, 2013



Alice had a vision.  After we visited the Legion of Honor last weekend and walked through all the galleries, she wanted to buy a display that housed all her trinkets and treasures from all the trips she'd taken.  So we set out early to buy a glass display case at Ikea.  I like Ikea.  There's so much creativity inside that big blue and yellow box.  We went to Berkeley Bowl first for breakfast.  We shared a waffle and omelet.  At 10, we entered the big blue box and looked around at all the cute display rooms.  When we reached Aisle 5 Bin 64 we discovered the glass display weighed 90 pounds and was so long it might not fit inside Alice's Rav 4.  We took a disposable tape measure and sure enough, the thing fit.  We hauled the package to the shipping lot and headed back to Sunset. 

We set it up downstairs and two hours later Alice's collectables were nicely displayed inside the case.  It's actually very nice. 

We spent the rest of the day relaxing.  I nursed my sore, sore shoulder from way too much racquetball.  My finals match is Tuesday and I'm not sure I'll be healed by then.  It's such a drag.  I play Steve and when I'm not 100% he has a tendency to destroy me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment