Day - 1290

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Drove to SF this morning through fairly thick traffic through the toll and onto Fell St.  It was so warm and sunny in Oakland, but foggy in the Sunset.  I arrived at 8:15, before the work crew arrived to begin work on Alice's backyard SynLawn project.  We're covering to large patches in the back with synthetic lawn.  It should look very nice.  The crew will work through Monday, maybe Tuesday.

It's been a busy week, so I wasn't able to get too much screenwriting in.  The day flew by. 

We had panko chicken for dinner (so delicious!).  I went downstairs around 7:30 to log into our Petty Zoom chat.  Talk of police violence, George Floyd, and confederate statues dominated the discussion.  I was livelier than usual, throwing in my two cents on my thoughts on all these old Southern statues being removed.  Most were constructed around WWI, apparently, to keep black officers from feeling a sense of belonging.  Whether that's true or not I'll have to verify.  I read this detail in the NY Times or Washington Post.

I chatted with the family until 9, then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment