Day - 1273

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Up at 5 to prepare for today's marathon writing session with Chris.  Read through the script and took notes on all the lines and scenes that need editing.  At 9, Alice drove me to Henry's to get a large latte.  At 10, we were ready to edit. 

We went until 8 p.m., ten solid hours of editing and revising, from page 1 to page 130.  Chris and I  reviewed every line, whittled down dialogue, changes words, took out scenes, condensed scenes, and when we reached the last page, it felt as though we crossed the finish line to a very long marathon.  It was quite a feeling to go through the whole script and tighten everyone so carefully. Every word seemed to matter, every pause and phrase.  I felt we'd accomplished something very special.  This script is good.

Alice had roasted a lamb with potatoes and it was waiting for me upstairs.  I ate slowly in a deze.  I was wiped out.  It's been a while since I've been so exhausted.  But what a wonderful feeling.  Now I need to do this with Julia Milan, Zombie Cookies, and La Strav.

No comments:

Post a Comment