Day - 1511

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Racquetball in the early a.m. with a good crowd (Steve, Kirk, Glenn, Tiger, Tyrone, Ari, me), then working from home.  Very slow today, which was perfect because I Michael's flight was at 1:50, giving us the morning to play a little cribbage at Peet's. His cards were on fire while mine were hit and miss.  He won two games to my one.  I'll take it given the cold deck.

I dropped Michael off at the West Oakland Bart Station at 10:30, then came home and cleaned the place up.  I met our new landlord Daniel, a young commercial real estate broker who owns two buildings in Oakland, on in Adams Point and ours.  He seems very nice and pleasant, with two handy men who take care of his properties.  I think we're all in good hands.

The rest of the day I caught up with work, sent some emails, and opened up a few poker books in preparation for time spent on my side gig.  I'd like to get to a point where I'm playing at the 25/50 limit tables.  That would be fun and exciting.  I think I could develop my skills enough to justify those stakes.

The impending Trump impeachment dominates the news.  It wears me down but how can anyone turn away from all the drama. I'm sure I'll listen to Bill Taylor's public testimony next week.  I hope he's as strong and forceful as his testimony appears to be.

Later this evening I got a text from Uncle Steve, who's getting married to Nancy on December 15.  Wow, that's some fast moving.  I think they've only known each other 8-10 months.  Whatever makes Uncle Steve happy works for me.  He doesn't have a whole lot of time with the progression of his prostate cancer.  I think it's spread throughout his body.  He looks really good and healthy, so this will perhaps give him a few more months (and maybe years) of extra life.  I hope so.  Uncle Steve is the best!

Aunties Karen and Heather are also going, so we'll stay at the Oxford Suites, our favorite Bellingham hotel, for the weekend.  I was originally thinking about flying into Everett instead of Seattle, but renting a car is twice as much in Everett than Seattle, so I'm flying into SeaTac after all.  I'll fly in Saturday morning and out Monday morning.

I was planning to play a few hours at the Oaks, but with Steve's news, I needed to make plans and contact people.  His wedding is only five weeks away.

Back to practicing:  I have two pieces to learn: Amy Beach Gallic Symphony and Vaughn William's The Lark Ascending.  I already know Brittan's Simple Symphony.  I'm looking forward to playing with my new bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment